Friday, January 19, 2007

Gratitude X3

Stella threw up for the first time today. This comes on the tail end of her very first cold. Luckily, I was in the shower so I missed it. But I heard the report from my husband and surveyed the damage. It could of had something to do with the cod liver oil he had just given her, but she has had a change in bowel habits in the past few days (I'll leave it at that). She was a bit lethargic afterwards and I knew something was wrong when she was lying on the floor or putting her head down on the ottoman.

This is not great timing, as I currently have a cold. (The last in the household to get it) I had a terrible night of sleep because of this nose issue and struggled with my strong desire to stay in bed all day watching bad daytime tv and drinking lots of fluids. Just like the old days.

My husband is also not feeling his best. He had a kidney stone removed on Wednesday evening and is still recovering from the surgical proceedure as well as the general anesthesia. His recovery is much harder than we had anticipated and I am not able to do as much to care for him.

Having the three of us feel under the weather at the same time reminds me to feel gratitude for how healthy each of us are in general, the majority of the time. Why is it so easy to forget this when you feel good? To not feel the gratitude when you don't have any nagging or annoying or insomnia-inducing symptoms?

Gratitude. For lots of things but lets start with the body. the breath. health. the desire for healing. for my family of 3.

No comments: